Delivering 450+ Meals Monday through Friday

We deliver 450± meals each weekday to homebound seniors and 9 congregate sites, such as other senior centers, on routes that stretch from White Water to the Salton Sea. Every meal is delivered by a staff driver who is CPR certified, trained in signs of elder abuse and is able to connect our homebound clients to our Outreach Coordinator for referral to additional services. Clients are asked to make a $3.00 contribution per meal. Whenever that’s possible, our clients have been happy to do so.

If a client has a pet, we also provide food for the animal through a special program in partnership with the Palm Springs Animal Shelter opens in a new window. During the holidays, each client receives a gift package of personal care items and we recognize birthdays, whenever possible.

Our drivers are frequently the only person a homebound senior will see on a daily basis, making Meals on Wheels so much more than just a delivery service. It’s one of the primary reasons that our clients are able to age in place and retain their independence and dignity.

Meals on Wheels is funded via a contractual agreement with the County of Riverside Office on Aging. Our contract covers 80% of the cost of the agreed upon number of meals that we are contracted to serve. Mizell must raise the remaining 20% each year. Meals on Wheels is a vital program which serves some of the most vulnerable seniors in our area. The financial support we receive from individual contributions, fundraising events, grants and businesses is important and greatly appreciated. Help us keep this program strong by making a commitment to support Mizell.

Our drivers are CPR certified, trained to recognize signs of elder abuse, ensure the client has an operating refrigerator, has moved about the residence since his or her last visit, and if there is a social service need notify our offices. Many of our drivers and Meals on Wheels office staff are bilingual.

This Month's Menu

Wednesday, April 1

Roast pork loin with gravy, creamed spinach, country potatoes, corn bread, mandarin oranges and milk

Thursday, April 2

Chicken sandwich on wheat bread with lettuce and tomato, broccoli salad, baked chips, fruit cocktail and milk

Friday, April 3 (High sodium day)

Cheese ravioli with marinara sauce, California vegetables, garlic bread, juice, yogurt and milk

Monday, April 6

Chicken Florentine, rice pilaf, peas and carrots, wheat roll, tropical fruit and milk

Tuesday, April 7

Beef pot roast, green beans, wheat roll, diced peaches and milk

Wednesday, April 8

Teriyaki chicken, brown rice, Asian vegetables, Hawaiian roll, orange and milk

Thursday, April 9

Swedish meatballs on egg noodles, California blend veggies, garden salad, wheat roll, banana and milk

Friday, April 10

BBQ chicken, creamed spinach, baked beans, wheat roll, juice, yogurt and milk.

Monday, April 13

Baked herb chicken, roasted potatoes, green salad, wheat roll, apple sauce and milk

Tuesday, April 14

Baked ziti w/meatballs, broccoli, garlic bread, apple and milk

Wednesday, April 15

Roasted turkey sandwich on a wheat bun with lettuce and tomato, beet salad, orange and milk

Thursday, April 16

Parmesean chicken, fettuccini pasta, chuckwagon veggies, wheat rolls, banana and milk

Friday, April 17

Beef stroganoff on egg noodles, green beans, wheat roll, juice, yogurt and milk

Monday, April 20

Green chicken enchiladas, Aztec brown rice, broccoli, banana and milk

Tuesday, April 21

Beef stew, cauliflower mix, wheat roll, applesauce and milk

Wednesday, April 22

Oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, mixed vegetables, garlic bread, diced peaches and milk

Thursday, April 23

Chef salad with ham, turkey, cheese and hard boiled egg, saltine crackers, apple and milk

Friday, April 24

Meat loaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, carrots, wheat roll, juice, yogurt and milk.

Monday, April 27

Shepard’s pie, garden salad, wheat roll, banana and milk

Tuesday, April 28

Egg salad sandwich on wheat bread, garden salad, baked chips, orange, milk

Wednesday, April 29 (High sodium day)

Hamburger with bun, lettuce & tomato, cole slaw, tater tots, fruit cocktail, milk

Thursday April 30

Roasted chicken breast, farfalle pasta, broccoli au gratin, wheat roll, diced peaches, cookie, milk

Meals on Wheels – Weekends & Holidays

Golden cuisine frozen meal Milk

Thank you to our Meals on Wheels sponsors:

Riverside County Office on Aging
Wells Fargo Foundation